Are you looking for Govt Jobs?
Do you want to stable job after biotechnology degree?
No matter the era, we are always on the hunt for a stable job and something which we all look for are government jobs. Government jobs have always been the craze and will continue to do so. It is a good option with regards to career advancement, stability and benefits.
Biotechnology aspirants who have completed this course can expect a promising career ahead. These graduates can work in various areas in the Public sector.
There are different higher study options also offered for Biotechnology graduates. This additional qualification will enable these graduates to work in a variety of job profiles.
Some widespread regions in the Government sector that offer numerous job opportunities for these aspirants include the following.
- Medical research
- Medical laboratories
- Testing Laboratories
- Biotechnology Firms
- Government College
- Agricultural Research Organization
- Botanical Survey
- Food Institutes
- Wildlife and Fishery Departments
- Public Schools
Many job openings suitable for these graduates are available in various areas in the Government sector.
Top Government Organizations / Institutes Hiring Biotech / Life Science Candidates:
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Punjab State Council for Science & Technology (PSCST)
- Bharat Immunologicals & Biologicals corporation limited
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- National Council of Education & Research Training (NCERT)
- Central Silk Board
- Tea Board of India
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
- Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
- The Directorate of Forensic Science Service (DFSS)
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India
- Zoological Survey of India (ZSI)
- Botanical Survey of India (BSI),
- Wildlife Institute of India (WII)
- Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB)
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
- IIFPT (Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology) Thanjavur.
- Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences (NIMHANS)
Getting a job in the Govt sector is tough because the competition is high. Lakhs of candidates apply for just a few hundred seats for taking Govt jobs. If you are a passionate and hard worker, then definitely you will get success.
Some public sector job recruitments have very specific needs such as certificate courses/lab hands-on training/internships or even desired work experience in the required field.
What are the exams for getting a government job?
B.Sc in Biotechnology graduates have several job opportunities in the Government sector. Numerous job openings suitable for these graduates are available in various areas in the Government sector.
For getting a good job in the public sector, you have to clear the various exams conducted by – PSC, UPSC, and SSC (Staff Selection Commission).
Public Service Commission Exams are conducted by states to recruit people for a different governmental job position within the states. Public Service Commission conducts exams for Biology candidates as well, like–The Indian Forest Service Exam (IFS) Exam.
School teaching jobs/ Post Graduate Teachers (PGT)–Biology will require a B.Ed degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
Several Govt sector Schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, NCERT Hire for this post frequently.
Several Govt sector Schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, NCERT Hire for this post frequently. Candidates with experience in the field. Candidates with PhD degree are preferred.
CSIR NET Qualification is mandatory in order to match the eligibility criteria for Govt Sector Msc Biotech Job. All Govt organizations hire candidates for a research job based on CSIR-NET / ICMR JRF / DBT / GATE qualification.
Candidates also will be expected to have at least some basic computer skills. While government lecturer jobs may demand comprehension of the education system and teaching methods of classroom teaching experience.
How to prepare for all these exams?
To get into any of the Government firm, aspirants have to undergo several exams organized by SSC, UPSC, PSC,CSIR-NET / ICMR JRF / DBT / GATE and many more. To clear these exams you have to follow these points:
- You can get the guidance under a good coaching institute.
- You can check online courses.
- You have to go through prescribed text books.
- Set up a proper study plan well before the commencement of these tests.
- You can join test series offline as well online.
- Proper time management.
- Do checkout exams notifications often.
In this article I have provided exam list as well institution who hires biotech students. Most of exam eligibility criteria is MSc, so if you graduate go for postgraduate first before these exams. If you find any confusion regarding govt jobs or govt exams, let me know through comment.